Updated Patient Procedures
Once again, flu season is upon us, but this season will be far different from any influenza season we’ve experienced in our lifetimes. Not only will we have good ol’ flu and colds making the rounds, but COVID19 will still be a major player.
Yes, you should continue to wear a mask when out, stay six feet apart from others, and stay home when you can. But what else could you be doing to prevent getting sick this season? Make sure your immune system is robust to help prevent not only COVID, but also flu and colds this winter.
To do this, you will want to make sure your diet is optimal by eating clean foods and plenty of vegetables, avoid “over-doing it” with alcohol, and also by taking certain nutrients and botanicals to build a strong immune system that could fight anything.
Make an appointment for a full evaluation and immune support protocol.
Our goal is to protect your health, as well as the health of our office staff. During this time, we are changing our office policy to accommodate your needs.
• Currently, Dr. Frieder is taking patients who are not experiencing colds or have flu-like symptoms, and do not have anyone ill within the household.
• The office staff will be pre-screening each patient for respiratory symptoms when they contact the office for appointment scheduling.
• We are taking all necessary precautions and all surfaces are cleaned and sanitized prior to, and after, each office visit. Also, protective equipment will be worn during each visit.
We are here for you!
We are offering phone or virtual consultations to all patients in need of continued care. Please contact the front desk for scheduling by calling (760) 230-2928.
Free Online Yoga Classes:
Free Meditation Application Resources:
• Headspace: An application for meditation, breathing, and sleep cycle for beginners and beyond. Health care providers with a National Provider Identifier (NPI) can sign up for free full access.
• 10% Happier: Mindfulness meditations and teachings for beginners and beyond. Health care providers can sign up and use redemption code HEALTHCARE to unlock all content.
• Calm: Calm is a meditation, sleep, and relaxation app that also provides resources specifically for coping with COVID anxiety.
• Waking Up: High quality guided meditation course and podcasts.
• Stop Breathe Think. A kid-friendly mindfulness and compassion building application.
Updated Info on COVID-19:
• All things COVID-19: https://www.osmosis.org/covid-19
• Coronavirus symptom checker: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
• Please refer to this website for coronavirus information and policy: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus/
• Information on food, housing, and income resources for San Diego: https://211sandiego.org/
Tips for general health and wellness:
• Best treatment is avoidance. Hand washing and physical isolation. And being safe with whatever you bring inside the house. Regular cleaning of surfaces often touched. Washing of fruits and vegetables brought home from the grocery store.
• Maintaining your immune effectiveness. Sleep. Rest. Reduce stress. Nutrition. Regular walks or indoor activity.
• Virtual social connection. Smile. Laugh. Love.
From all of us with love and light,
The staff at Glenn Frieder Chiropractic